Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Come and Goes

| | 0 comments
I spent the last 10 minutes squeezing my caffeine-induced brain just to contrive the appropriate excuse to let everyone know that I'm still here despite my 1 year of absence, although the word "here" differs from what it used to be. Just to fill everyone else in : I, now, am not residing in Taipei anymore although God knows how much I love that place. It still feels very weird to leave the place you imagined your last years of being teenagers would be in. The moment I stepped my feet on my home country is the very moment I accepted the fact : I didn't go home; I LEFT home. I've got my own reasons of why I left and no matter how it killed me to make a choice, it is indeed inevitable.


Let's just say this past year has been a quizzical maze for me. Just like a storm; a violent, metaphysical, symbolic storm (Murakami reference). It metaphorically cut like a thousand razor blades : people bled, and so did I. I made my own choices. Looking back, it frankly looked like nothing but my nescience. But no matter how bad it was, it was still me who made said choices and I regret nothing. Someone said that it's a phase toward adulthood, and I still wonder whether it's true, 'cause if it is then that means I am barely starting my journey and the storm is yet over me. Little by little though, I see myself carving a clear path towards my future. I guess I've changed, for the better I hope, because that's what this storm's all about; or so I was convinced. Anyway, I've made a new plan and I'm praying so hard so it will work.

Moving on from all the gloominess and Kafka references, It didn't always rain, There has been some of those cloudless days in my life too. today, par exemple, was my second meeting with Jess (and her sister & co) in Jakarta. Ironic how we didn't talk to each other when we were a table apart turned into use every moment we have to meet up. I met Jess for the first time in a Chinese language centre when both of us were primary school babies. We didn't know each other that much and never bothered with that, we were with different peers after all. Years later I find myself grateful to have such an amazing and artsy person in my life. I couldn't recall what built a bridge between us, but I sure glad it did.

We went café-hopping around Serpong today and it ignited a tiny spark of joy. The amount of times I went exploring for decent brunch places in Indonesia can be counted by fingers (toes excluded). We went to two café mignons called "turning point" and "Scandinavian Coffee Shop" and spent most of the time pretending to be a food-blogger (more picture-taking, less food-criticising) instead of leisurely enjoying afternoon like the others customers (or studying with all your might for the case of those struggling university students across the room). You can witness the evidences of of my joy today. I would write more but I'd just let the pictures say it all.



 




and also, a playlist I made long ago as a tribute to my 18th year in taipei! (ehem, yes, I missed it THAT much)




To sum up, today is the most fun I've ever had since forever and it pains me to know that I won't be seeing Jess at least until next year. Despite my ramblings, today was very satisfying and I already bid my "see you again" to her. I've taken interest in film photography lately. I've taken some pics with my cheap old film camera I got last year in a school-held bazaar. I'll post when I develop those films should they develop nicely! It is currently 2 in the morning and despite my sleep deprivation, I find myself unable to sleep. Until my next post!

turning point coffee
Jalan Ki Hajar Dewantara, Ruko Golden 8 Extension Blok K no. 10, Gading Serpong, Kec. Tangerang, Banten 15810, Indonesia+62 811-1131-984
scandinavian coffee shop
Jalan Gading Serpong Boulevard, Komplek Ruko Graha Boulevard Blok D/15, Gading serpong, Kec. Tangerang, Banten 15810, Indonesia
+62 812-9117-9628

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin