Saturday, January 18, 2014

don't forget where you belong

| | 4 comments


1. welcoming 2014 (more like struggling to take at least a proper picture) from taipei 101  2. Taipei night street view (or failed attempt to focus my camera resulting to a decent bokeh pic)

3. leaving taipei and going home (mentally squealing due to extreme joy). 4. cutest rose cupcake ever, and yes, it is edible. 5. two words : guilty pleasure.

you know it's holiday when you spend all day lying on your bed and have a 24-hour movie marathon with mcdonalds fries (okay not exactly 24-hour but see my point there). I did take my first winter break in university for granted by forgetting I only have exactly 30 days to enjoy the infrequent stress-free life (false, my portfolio deadline is in march). After finishing my finals, I rewarded myself with a plane ticket straight to home. It's exhilarating, really, to occupy your mind with the thought of going home after 5 months surviving in a foreign country with no one else to depend on. Not that I don't want to admit it but the last time I checked, I was really fed-up with my hometown. now that 5 months have passed, I ironically have come to the point where I miss my home (thumbs up for the passenger's "only hates the road when you're missing home."). oh and I just finished watching the latest season of BBC Sherlock and currently am suffering from post-season-3-depression (not that I'm not depressed when I'm watching it). I won't ruin your day or waste my energy by spoiling it here, just take this as a precaution for considerable amount of bromance, touching scenes, unexpected twist, major heartbreak, and more bromance. (if you say you didn't cry after listening to sherlock's best man speech then shame on you, you heartless liar). Putting sherlock aside, I'm spending my whole winter break finishing my super long list of "things-to-eat-when-I'm-home" (so far 8 things ticked), hitting the gym and trying my very best not to remind myself uni life is less than a month away. 
-M

4 comments:

Follow on Bloglovin